There are few qualifications to becoming a Home Health Aide (HHA)
• Must be over 18 years old.
• Must be legally allowed to work in the United States.
• Interested individual must be clear of any criminal charges in his/her record (including misdemeanors).
• A complete Physical examination (physical form will be provided). Physical exam must include the following:
• A drug screening (with lab report)
• Rubella Titre
• Rubeola Titre
• PPD Mantoux (Must have two PPD test)
※ Each PPD test consists of two parts: Part I – having the test “placed” on the arm and Part II – having the result “read” 48-72 hours later by a healthcare provider. Therefore, to have two PPD tests means that you will need to perform this cycle twice. Again, each test must be performed AT LEAST 7 days apart from each other and BOTH tests need to be performed WITHIN a year of taking this course. Therefore, it will take a minimum of 9-10 days to complete and have a result on two PPD tests.
※ If you have a positive skin test result you must take a chest X-ray.